At its Annual Membership Meeting last week, the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry’s Board of Directors elected Manuel Mar as its new chairman. Mar, who is Senior Vice President and Senior Relationship Manager at Santander Bank, is the organization’s first Hispanic American Board Chairman. He previously served as the Board’s first vice chairman and will succeed outgoing board chairman Nicholas Bertram, president and COO of Flashfood, whose term expired.
“We are thrilled to have Manny leading the PA Chamber board at this transformative time – both for our organization and the state’s economy,” said PA Chamber President and CEO Luke Bernstein. “Manny’s vast experience in finance and his focus on community give him an appreciation and understanding of the issues our members face. I have every confidence in his ability to work collectively with our dynamic board of directors, as we advance the Chamber’s mission to build a stronger Pennsylvania. We would not be in such a strong position, however, without Nick Bertram’s vision and leadership, and I am grateful for his continued support.”
The following individuals were newly elected to serve on the PA Chamber board:
- Anthony Aquilina, WellSpan Health
- Hans Bell, UGI
- Andrea Clark-Smith, UPMC
- Charles Duncan, Comcast NBC Universal
- Justin Ladner, PA American Water Company
- Rebecca Lupfer, The GIANT Company
- Christine Martin, PPL
- Kara Tucker, Koppy’s Propane, Inc.
- Randy Vulakovich, Buchanan, Ingersoll & Rooney PC
Robert Scaer, President of Gannett Fleming, was elected to serve as the Board of Directors’ first vice chair. Christina Marsh, Chief Diversity and Community Development Officer at Erie Insurance, was elected vice chair.
Those who were re-elected to the board are:
- Scott Briggs, Knouse Foods Cooperative, Inc.
- David Callahan, Marcellus Shale Coalition
- Michael Colpoys, National Fuel Gas Distribution Corp.
- Brion Lieberman, Geisinger Health System
- Marc Lucca, Aqua PA
- Christina Marsh, Erie Insurance
- Patrick McCoy, FedEx Ground
- Jeffrey Pasek, Cozen O’Connor
- Eileen Petula
- Robert Scaer, Gannett Fleming
- Kim Van Utrecht, UPS
- Bill Ward, Jr., Ward Transportation and Logistics
- Scott Wyman, FirstEnergy
- Michael Zanic, K&L Gates LLP
The PA Chamber also thanked the following board members for completing their service on the PA Chamber board:
- Michael Doran, PA American Water Company
- Robert Beard, UGI
- Roxanna Gapstur, WellSpan Health
- Timothy Hess, Pixelle Specialty Solutions
- Janis Hershkowitz, Flomega Industries
- Thomas McGough, UPMC