House and Senate lawmakers are both in session next week and are expected to consider a number of labor-related bills of importance to the business community.
The Senate Labor and Industry Committee is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, Sept. 28 to consider the following legislation that the PA Chamber opposes:
- S.B. 320 – Prohibits certain noncompete agreements
- S.B. 775 – Expands workers’ compensation
The House Labor and Industry Committee is meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 29, to consider the following bills that the PA Chamber supports:
- H.B. 1819 – Clarifies eligibility for unemployment compensation
- H.B. 1829 – Provides for youth work permits
- H.B. 1837 – Workers’ Compensation regulation suspension
Also, today at 9:30 a.m., PA Chamber Government Affairs Director Kevin Sunday testified to the House Environmental Resources and Energy Committee at an informational meeting regarding the regulation of electricity markets. His testimony and highlights from the hearing will be included in next week’s Sentinel.
The full list of this week’s committee meetings, which is subject to change, is available on the General Assembly website.