With the inauguration of Gov.-Elect Josh Shapiro swiftly approaching, the incoming administration has announced Cabinet nominees who will require Senate confirmation, as well as the appointment of senior staff members. Last week, the following Cabinet nominations were named:
- Department of Revenue Secretary: Former Senate Republican Appropriations Committee Chairman Sen. Pat Browne, R-Lehigh
- Department of Transportation Secretary (PennDOT): Former House Democratic Transportation Committee Chairman Rep. Mike Carroll
- Department of Education Secretary: Khalid Mumin, Lower Merion School District Superintendent.
- Department of Labor & Industry Secretary (L&I): Nancy Walker, First Chief Deputy Attorney General.
- Secretary of Administration (OA): Neil Weaver, Acting Community and Economic Development Secretary.
- Department of Environmental Protection Secretary (DEP): Rich Negrin, Commonwealth Edison Vice President of Regulatory Policy and Strategy, and Head of External Affairs.
- Department of Human Services Secretary (DHS): Val Arkoosh, Montgomery County Board of Commissioners Chair.
- Department of Health Secretary: Debra L. Bogen, Allegheny County Health Department Director.
- Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs Secretary: Latika Davis-Jones, Senior Director of Behavioral Health at Highmark Wholecare.
- Department of Aging Secretary: Jason Kavulich, Lackawanna County Director of Agency on Aging.
- Insurance Commissioner: Mike Humphreys, Acting Insurance Commissioner of PA.
- Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Secretary (DCNR): Cindy Adams Dunn, currently in this role.
- Department of Agriculture Secretary: Russell Redding, currently in this role.
- Secretary of the Commonwealth (State): Al Schmidt, former Philadelphia City Commissioner and current Pres. & CEO of the Committee of Seventy.
- Secretary of Corrections: Laurel Harry, Acting Western Region Deputy Corrections Secretary.
- State Police Commissioner: Christopher Paris, Deputy Commissioner of Administration and Professional Responsibility.
- Director of the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency: Randy Padfield, current Director of PEMA.
- Fire Commissioner: Tom Cook, current Acting Fire Commissioner.
- Adjutant General of Pennsylvania: Major General Mark Schindler, current Adjutant General.
To see a full listing of Gov.-Elect Shapiro’s senior staff appointments to date, click HERE.
Inauguration Day is tomorrow, Tuesday, January 17. The Transition Team coordinated days of service leading up to next Tuesday, with events in Pittsburgh on Saturday; Philadelphia on Sunday; and Harrisburg on Monday (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day).
PA Chamber Investor Member Rock Lititz will host the Shapiro-Davis Inaugural Celebration on Tuesday night.