The Pennsylvania Chamber is pleased to expand its comprehensive educational programming to include Member Sponsored Webinars. These co-branded webinars are offered at no cost to attendees and provide PA Chamber members with an opportunity to share their knowledge and expertise on a range of topics that are key to the business community. Webinars are archived below and are available for viewing one year after the recording date.
If you are interested in engaging a targeted B2B audience and positioning your company as an industry leader through quality online educational programming, reserve a Member Sponsored Webinar today! To learn more about the valuable sponsor benefits offered, click here or contact MaryEllen Galuska, 717.720.5557 | email@example.com
Medical Marijuana in the Workplace Webinar
Pennsylvania employers continue to navigate the complexities associated with the legalization of medical marijuana in the Commonwealth, reporting significant confusion interpreting the law. It is critical that business leaders and HR professionals understand the scope of the Medical Marijuana Act of 2016 and implement effective strategies to ensure compliance. Top Labor and Employment Law attorney from Steptoe & Johnson PLLC, discusses the following:
- The scope of Pennsylvania’s Medical Marijuana Act as it applies to employers
- Drug testing implications
- Updating your drug free workplace policies — strategies for intertwining medical marijuana
- How to handle the hiring situation if someone admits they are using medical marijuana —including what to do if you cannot offer the position for safety reasons — e.g. operating room nurse
- Strategies to monitor employees’ medical marijuana use in the workplace
- Recent court cases that impact how businesses should manage medical marijuana
- Considerations if Pennsylvania legalizes recreational marijuana
To learn more about Steptoe and Johnson PLLC, please click here.