The Pennsylvania Chamber is pleased to expand its comprehensive educational programming to include Member Sponsored Webinars. These co-branded webinars are offered at no cost to attendees and provide PA Chamber members with an opportunity to share their knowledge and expertise on a range of topics that are key to the business community. Webinars are archived below and are available for viewing one year after the recording date.
If you are interested in engaging a targeted B2B audience and positioning your company as an industry leader through quality online educational programming, reserve a Member Sponsored Webinar today! To learn more about the valuable sponsor benefits offered, click here or contact Adam Friscia, 717.720.5569 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Risk for Employees and Customers in a Post-Pandemic Workplace
The COVID-19 pandemic shook the world to its foundations, and the Pennsylvania economy with it. With vaccines widely available and life gradually returning to normal, the future is looking brighter than it did a year ago. But as the state removes restrictions, businesses face a new class of risks.
Presented in partnership with Epistemix, this program is designed to empower Pennsylvania employers with the resources needed to mitigate risk for their employees and customers and addresses the following questions:
- How does bringing employees back to offices impact insurance risk?
- How does business travel influence employee health risks?
- What are the risks associated with reopening specific retail and event locations?
- How can businesses effectively communicate risks and establish appropriate mitigation measures to bring back pre-pandemic numbers?
- How can companies leverage a smart reopening to build trust with stakeholders, instead of risking damage to their brand?
- How are disease seasonality and special events like Memorial Day and July 4th shaping the spread of COVID-19 in Pennsylvania?
- How does a dispersed workforce (remote and in-office) distribute risk for employers?
To learn more about Epistemix please click here.
Managing What’s Next: Key Considerations on the Return to the Workplace and Vaccine Landscape for Employers
With universal COVID-19 vaccine eligibility across the Commonwealth, Pennsylvania employers must tackle new legal and labor challenges as employees return to the physical workplace.
Presented in partnership with K&L Gates, this program is designed to empower Pennsylvania employers with the resources needed to develop and administer workplace guidelines that balance business continuity with employee safety and privacy and takes an in-depth look at answering the following questions:
- How should I manage our transition back to in-person work? What considerations and potential pitfalls should I keep I mind?
- What pandemic-related workplace rules are still in effect?
- Can I require our people to get vaccinated? Even if I can, should I? What factors go into that decision?
- Can I ask employees or job applicants if they have been vaccinated?
- Can I offer incentives for employees to get vaccinated or are there risks with that approach as well?
- Can I maintain two sets of workplace rules: one for those vaccinated and another for those who are not?
To learn more about K & L Gates, please click here.
Understanding the PRO Act and Implications for YOUR Business
Congressional passage of the Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act would upend decades of established labor law and drastically alter how Pennsylvania employers manage their workforce. It is essential that employers understand the far-reaching implications of this sweeping legislation on their business operations and what they can do to stop it.
Presented in partnership with McNees Wallace & Nurick LLC and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the program provides:
- An overview of key provisions of the PRO Act and how the legislation differs from the existing law
- An in-depth analysis of the impact of the PRO Act on employers and employees in Pennsylvania
- Key insights on the status of the PRO Act in Congress and the political considerations surrounding this legislation
- Actionable steps that Pennsylvania employers can take now to push back and protect their workplaces
To learn more about McNees Wallace & Nurick LLC, please click here.
Recruiting and Retaining Talent in a Virtual World Webinar
Triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses face a significant shift from the traditional methods of candidate recruitment, hiring and retention, and must quickly modernize their HR strategies to remain competitive.
Leading HR experts representing Alternative HR and PwC help businesses of all sizes understand how to strategically attract and retain top talent with focus on actionable strategies and best practices, including.
- Implementing a digital-first approach to recruitment
- Best practices to interview candidates remotely
- Leading onboarding strategies for remote employees
- The connection between retention and recruitment
To learn more about PwC, please click here.
The Future of 5G in Pennsylvania
With businesses operating remotely and schools teaching virtually, connectivity has never been more important. As broadband and mobile data demands increase, our communications infrastructure is critical in meeting the growing demand that is being placed on our networks.
5G networks will offer faster connection speeds and increase data capacity, which will pave the way for the Internet of Things to flourish. Innovations in healthcare, public safety, manufacturing, agriculture, and many other industries will grow exponentially with 5G.
Presented in partnership with Crown Castle, the program provides an in-depth look at:
- 5G technology and why it is so important that companies embrace it
- The advantages 5G will bring to company networks
- The challenges to implementing 5G
- The top five steps companies should be doing now to prepare and implement their communications systems for 5G
- Best practices for monitoring and securing 5G
To learn more about Crown Castle, please click here.
Medical Marijuana in the Workplace Webinar
Pennsylvania employers continue to navigate the complexities associated with the legalization of medical marijuana in the Commonwealth, reporting significant confusion interpreting the law. It is critical that business leaders and HR professionals understand the scope of the Medical Marijuana Act of 2016 and implement effective strategies to ensure compliance.
Presented in partnership with Steptoe and Johnson PLLC, the program provides an in-depth look at:
- The scope of Pennsylvania’s Medical Marijuana Act as it applies to employers
- Drug testing implications
- Updating your drug free workplace policies — strategies for intertwining medical marijuana
- How to handle the hiring situation if someone admits they are using medical marijuana —including what to do if you cannot offer the position for safety reasons — e.g. operating room nurse
- Strategies to monitor employees’ medical marijuana use in the workplace
- Recent court cases that impact how businesses should manage medical marijuana
- Considerations if Pennsylvania legalizes recreational marijuana
To learn more about Steptoe and Johnson PLLC, please click here.